Transformer Insulation – Cylinders
- Made from HD Elboard
- Available in a wide range of dimensions as per customer specifications.
- Dimensions to specify : Thickness, Height, Inside Diameter(ID) Outside Diameter(OD) and the size of the skived edge.
- Cylinders can be supplied:
- Skived open, unprocessed
- Skived closed, fully processed – oil impregnated
- Skived closed, fully processed – no oil impregntation
- Related Products
NOMEX® TYPE 418 AND 419
NOMEX® Type 418 is designed for high-voltage applications, including motor conductor and coil wrap, transformer ground and layer insulation. It is a calendered product with high inherent dielectric strength (30 to 40 kV/mm), which can be readily impregnated with varnishes where this is desirable. NOMEX® Type 418 is available in 5 thicknesses, from 0.08 to 0.36 mm (3 to 14 mil). This calendered blend of aramid and mica offers increased voltage endurance over NOMEX® Type 410 when subjected to corona attack. NOMEX® Type 419 is the uncalendered precursor of NOMEX® Type 418, and is available in two thicknesses, 0.18 and 0.33 mm (7 and 13 mil). NOMEX® Type 419 is used in applications which take advantage of the lower density (0.5) which allows improved conformability and saturability
CALMICAGLAS ® 0893
CALMICAGLAS ® 0893 consists of mica paper based on a uncalcined muscovite, glass cloth and thermosetting epoxy novolac. CALMICAGLAS ® 0893 is a very flexible glass mica paper combination, which can be taped even on tight bends. CALMICAGLAS ® 0893 gives a higher resin flow during pressing process compared to type CALMICAGLAS ® 2005 which allows the insulation of complex shapes. Excellent dielectric, thermal, mechanical and chemical properties are obtained after pressing.
CALMICAGLAS ® 0893 is used e.g. for the insulation of coils and bars of low voltage machines. Moreover CALMICAGLAS ® 0893 can be used for manufacturing of moulded parts such as commutator caps or wound tubes and cylinders. CALMICAGLAS ® 0893 is supplied interleaved to prevent sticking of layers
Format Rolls maximum width 1000 mm Tapes from 10 mm width upward
Minimum 6 months at 20 °C
Minimum 12 months at 5 °C
Processing Advice Pressing conditions (to achieve form stability): Temperature: 130 – 180 °C Pressure: 8.0 – 0.5 hours Time: 1 -2 N/mm² Example: 1 hour, 160°C and 2 N/mm² The material is fully cured after 4 hours at 160°C
ROBOTIC INSPECTION VEHICLE
The ADWEL Robotic Inspection Vehicle enables remote scanning of the stator core of large motors and generators with or without the rotor in place. Controlled from outside the stator bore, the ADWEL RIV provides easier and more efficient testing of stator lamination insulation when used with ADWEL’s EL CID.
The RIV can also carry other lightweight transducers for stator inspection such as slot wedge tightness probes (ADWEL WTD) and allows for visual inspection with ADWEL’s CCTV Camera System.
The RIV sticks to the stator core by magnets and advances orreverses at various speeds. A guidance system detects the edges of the stator teeth allowing the RIV to automatically follow a slot.
- Auto-stop setting ensures RIV stops at preset distance
- Control unit outside stator core connects via single multi-core cable for power and signals
- Can be configured for various slot widths
- Curvature adjustment for various core diameters
- Low height (30mm) allows rotor-in-place testing
- Magnetically self-supporting on steel surface
- Automatically detects the edges of the stator teeth to follow a straight line
- Side plates give additional guidance when wedges are recessed or when wedges and coils are removed
- Distance measurement via encoder wheel