NOMEX® TYPE 414
NOMEX® Type 414 is designed for applications requiring a strong, yet flexible and conformable sheet. It is electrically and thermally similar to NOMEX® Type 410, but is calendered under different conditions to provide its unique properties. NOMEX® Type 414 is produced in five thicknesses (0.09 to 0.38 mm) (3.4 to 15 mil), with a density from 0.9 to 1.0. NOMEX® Type 414 was designed for use as slot insulation in hand-wound motors and for linear wrapping of wire, but is also used in other applications where its specific characteristics are desirable, such as folded or punched parts. Another example is its use as sheet insulation in fluid-filled transformer applications due to its improved impregnability versus NOMEX® Type 410.
- Related Products
Transformer Insulation Components – Casein Glue
- White glue (Elmer’s glue) made from casein, the nutrient protein in milk.
- The casein is separated from milk by processes called coagulation and precipitation.
- A water based glue
- It allows the diffusion of moisture and oil impregnation
- Used in high voltage applications
- For use in areas with high dielectric stress
- Available in tins of 33kg
- Safety data sheet available on request
TRANSFORMER INTERLAYER INSULATION – DIAMOND DOT PAPER
- Insulation class A (105 °C) in accordance with VDE 0530 Part 1
- Presspaper (in rolls), 100 % sulphate wood pulp
- Type P 4.1 in accordance with IEC 641 – 1 (soft calandered)
- Also available: Type P 2.1 according to IEC 641 – 1 (calandered)
- High purity and mechanical strength
- Thermosetting coating of expoxi-phenolic resin (B-stage), put in rhombic pattern on one or both sides.
- Good compatibility with transformer impregnants after curing of the coating.
Note: The surfaces to be bonded must remain tightly pressed together during curing
Layer insulation in liquid-immersed transformers
- In rolls of 1280 mm width
- Available thickness: 0.1 – 1.0 mm
Code Size TP113 0.13mm TP125 0.25mm TP138 0.38mm
Expert Motor and Generator Winding Condition Assessment Diagnostics for the Non-Expert
IRIS Power Engineering's MICAA TM system is an essential predictive maintenance tool which helps large motor and generator users assess the risk of failure of rotor windings, stator windings and laminated cores. Widely used by utilities and industry throughout the world, MICAA avoids in-service failures, improves winding maintenance planning and reduces costs.
Developed by IRIS, in cooperation with EPRI, MICAA is the product of millions of dollars of industry research and operating experience. MICAA's sophisticated yet user-friendly software is capable of storing and analyzing a vast array of motor and generator data such as test results, inspection data, and operating and maintenance history for each particular machine. This enables plant personnel to accurately and reliably plan the most appropriate maintenance and repair needs for a particular rotating machine.