NOMEX® TYPE 411
NOMEX® Type 411 is the uncalendered precursor of NOMEX® Type 410. It is available in five thicknesses (0.13 to 0.58 mm) (5 to 23 mil), with a density of 0.3 and correspondingly lower electrical and mechanical properties. It
is used in applications such as motor phase insulation and transformer coil end filler, where high bulk and conformability are of prime importance. NOMEX® Type 411 offers increased impregnability and saturability when compared to NOMEX® Type 410, making it suitable for use in cast resin applications as turn and layer insulation.
- Related Products
DuPont™ Kapton® FN is a general purpose HN film that is coated or laminated on one or both sides with
Teflon® FEP fluoropolymer. Kapton® FN imparts heat sealability, provides a moisture barrier, and enhances
Kapton® FN is recommended in applications that require a heat bondable film, or moisture and chemical
resistance beyond the capabilities of uncoated Kapton® films. Techniques for fabricating DuPont™ Teflon® FEP can be found in technical data bulletin H-55005-2. Chemical resistance data for Teflon® FEP can be found in information bulletin H-55007-2.
Elmotherm® 6001 is a single component, solvented, Class H epoxy varnish which has excellent moisture and
Dip or spray application of rotating and non-rotating electrical and non electrical equipment. Elmotherm® 6001 may also be used in coil consolidation applications.
For a complete guide to the processing of components and machines in Epoxylite® 6001 please refer to the separate processing data sheet for this product.
Containers of Epoxylite® 6001 should be stored in a cool place away from direct sunlight or other heat sources.
Maintenance of Resin:
The viscosity and gel-time of Epoxylite® 6001 in tanks should be regularly monitored and maintained
within the recommended limits. A Tank Sample Testing service is available from Wilec.
Minimum storage life 12 months in tightly closed containers at temperatures below 25°C.
Refer Material safety data sheet.
Buchholz Relay BS25,BS50,BS80
- Measurement of the volume of gas necessary to trip the alarm
- 500 hour salt fog
- Electromagnetic Field test (EN 50216-2)
- Stationary sinusoidal mechanical vibrations (EN60721-3-4)
- A seismic test was performed (EN 50216-1)
- Pressure withstand test 2.5 bar two minutes with oil at 100 deg C.
- Vacuum withstand test of 2500 Pa for 24 Hrs
- Rate of flow test to operate trip contacts
- Test to show the relay is insensitive to oil flow from conservator to transformer
- Electrical test
Routine tests applied to all Relays
- Hydraulic seal test in mineral oil at
- 90 °C. and
- 100 kPa pressure for
- 30 minutes
- Contact operation
- Mechanical push rod
- Contact operation
- Lowering the oil
- Rate of oil flow to trip the contacts
- Electrical withstand test between contacts
- Electrical withstand test between contacts and earth
An individual routine test report is shipped with each relay